a pandemic flu threat…
Pamela Thompson, a long-time residence who is very involved in the local health industry, has been keeping up-to-date on what’s been happening locally. Seems there’s no swine flu in this region. She reports:
I have just spoken to Dr. Luis Suarez, infectious disease physician in Puerto Vallarta.
He reports that:
1. There are no confirmed cases in the state of Jalisco. 160 samples were taken and all were negative for Swine Flu.
2. There are no confirmed cases in the state of Nayarit.
3. Continue with precautionary measures including good hand washing, avoiding crowds, increase Vitamins B, K, A & D. Good ventilation in homes allowing the sun to enter.
4. Avoid hand-shaking, kissing.
5. He feels it is coming under good control in Mexico City.